Sunday, January 5, 2014

Eternal Sunshine - Left Boy Review

Look at me being all productive tonight.


Eternal Sunshine - Left Boy

Second mixtape I’m gonna review by Left Boy. I like him a lot because he has a very unique sound.

Eternal Sunshine


I really like this song. It has a good beat and his flow is smooth on this.
I really like the line:

“ It’s a beautiful girl and she knows my name,
  even if it’s a little, I’m still loving the fame.”

He means that he enjoys the fame that he gets from this beautiful girl knowing him and that because she knows him he is famous in her eyes. This is a love song, although there aren’t that many lyrics in it.

Stoned


First off, the beat and his flow are amazing in this song.
Second off, this song is hella deep. The stone that he talks about could be symbolic for the fact that he is like everyone else, nothing special. Then he becomes a star and he is shining bright. He was dating a girl, that was just a “stone”, someone that will never be anything special or make it big and she doubted him. Now that he is a star and made something of himself, she is alone because she doubted him.

Sunday Morning Chilln’


I love this song. It’s my weekend anthem. He’s talking about how crazy his night was and how hungover he is on sunday. I love the line:

“Slams on the brake, pulls out an M8
Can you sign this for my daughter at Penn State”

As everyone knows I attend Penn State so I have some school pride and think that it’s trill that he mentions PSU. 
This whole song is just perfect.

Back And Forth


This is a hella upbeat song. It’s a song about he’s getting bored of this girl and trying to win her over. He’s bored of how it’s always back and forth so he’s just gonna move on. His flow is just too good on this. Great song.

Change


I like how this one has the guitar in it. It sounds so badass. Then it goes to the synth and it sounds spacey and dreamlike. This is a song about a chick that wants to change the world and how he thinks she’s hot and wants her. This is a hype song. It makes me want to get up and do stuff.

“You have to be ill to kill.
You have to be dope to be seen under this microscope.”

Such trill lines and thats stuff I would say. (ill,dope, etc)

Laying In The Snow


Justin Bieber sample, what up?
This is a song about cocaine use of teenagers.
The first verse is about how this girl does cocaine with her dad’s money and the second verse is about how she needs more money to get more blow and becomes a whore for money. It gets kinda dark, he even says it’s getting dark in the second verse.

“Ohhhh, it’s getting dark in here”

That has two meanings. The first is that the song is now getting darker and the second is that they are in a club or something and she’s gonna have to do some sexual acts, this is further seen by the lines that follow that line. 
I think it’s funny that he says:

“ JB ain’t gonna be too happy about this track”


Because he’s sampling Justin Bieber’s song in this song. 

No comments:

Post a Comment