Thursday, January 2, 2014

Stay Trippy - Juicy J Album Review

Ayy, what’s gucci? I know it’s been awhile and I’m sorry about that. But I think that everyone should enjoy this review of “Stay Trippy” by Juicy J.






Stay Trippy - Juicy J

So if you don’t know who Juicy J is, he’s a rapper who’s been rapping for over 20 years and is just a rich asshole, who spends his time raging, doing drugs and doing girls. I mean asshole in the nicest way though, because he’s living the life. He was part of the rap group 3 6 Mafia (RIP Lord Infamous)
In true fashion for Juicy J I had to drink a bit to fully appreciate this album and do him justice.

Stop It

Ok, first thing this has the beat from that shitty Travi$ Scott song. Travi$ Scott sucks at rapping so carrying on. 
The beat is trill. Great bass and great production.
I love the way he starts his first verse. It sounds so dope. I’m a fan of that stopping the beat and rapping stuff anyways, if it’s done right.
This song is literally just about how much money he has and how hard he goes and how many girls he sleeps with. There’s a lot of this on this album, so if you don’t like this kind of stuff then you should have stopped reading at the title of this album.
I love the line:

“Hit the Club, I take your women.
Take her home, get some head, get some breakfast in bed.”

It’s just so comical to me. Not only does he steal your girl and take her home, but she cooks breakfast for him. She probably doesn’t even do that for you, but she’ll do it for a 38 year old rapper. Thats life dog.
Juicy J is an OG, thats all that needs to be said. My friends and me joke around that we go “OG with the OE” (Original Gangster with the Olde English for all you non-americans) but Juicy J is a legit OG. He would laugh his ass off at me or anyone I know, while he’s sipping dirty Sprite out of a golden chalice or some shit.

Smokin’ Rollin’ feat Pimp C

You get one guess what this song is about. Only one and if you get it wrong then you are really really stupid and yea.
Juicy J just lives a drug fueled life. I feel like he wakes up in the morning and just has like those water jugs that you take a plastic/paper cup and lift that tap to make the water come out filled with codeine and/or liquor and downs one to wake up. 
This is a kinda short song, but he goes in on it. Pimp C joins the party and destroys it. Pimp C is dead tho, so it’s kinda awk that Juicy put one of his verses on a song. But it’s still dope. RIP Pimp C. Too many RIPs for this review already.


No Heart, No Love feat Project Pat

I said earlier how OG Juicy was, but damn yo. Literally a song about how his homies will slay you. The beat is so dope and the bass is like perfect, but the more I listen to this song and listen/read to the lyrics the more intimidated I get by Juicy J. Would never want to mess with him, ever. Apparently Memphis is hard AF.
Project Pat goes in on this song. Like what is happening. The beat just stops for the first half of his verse and he goes berserk on it. So far this album is redic good, if you like this kind of rap.
Also I just found out that Project Pat is the older brother of Juicy J. That really surprised me.

So Much Money

Song’s about how much money he has. He really is filthy rich. I did some research and he’s worth like 20 Million. That’s a lot of money. 
I like the reference to that Ace Hood song in the first line with:

“I woke up in a Bugatti, and parked it by my Ferrari.”

I thought that it was a clever line. He also references “Bandz A Make Her Dance”, but we will come to that later.
He says that he has a gold-plated Toilet and honestly, I would not be surprised if he actually had one. He seems like the type that would spend his money on stupid things like that.


Bounce It feat Trey Songz & Wale

I greatly enjoy this song. It’s ignorant and just a strip club anthem, but I enjoy it. It has a nice sound to it and I like the verses on it. I even like Trey Songz on this and I usually hate him. For this song you just have to do as Juicy J says and “get ig’nant” If you smoke dope then you might wanna do that too, as he also says to that for this song. Just sayin.
Wale goes in on this song as well. I think it’s funny how many time “Bandz A Make Her Dance” is referenced on this song. 
I love his last verse. Mostly because of this one line:

“Slob on my knob, think you know the rest”

The first part of that line is from an old 3 6 Mafia song which is titled like that. The rest is: 
“…like corn on the cob, check in with me, and do ya job.”

I like Juicy J, so that’s prob the only reason that I know that.
I was joking around with a friend of mine earlier and I told her that Juicy J is my spirit animal. Maybe I wasn’t joking.

Wax

The only thing you need to really know about this song is that the wax he is talking about is like 99% THC AKA the thing that makes you high. This song is just about his love for weed. This is just an “ig’nant” and belligerent song. Sounds good though.
Also, Juicy J loves his ratchet girls as everyone knows.


Gun plus A mask feat Yelawolf

This song is about robbing people with a gun and a mask.
I need to pause here and say something to this. I’m white. In the words of the rapper K.I.D./KYLE: “Whiter than Lindsey Lohan on vacation in the snow.” So I cannot say anything about the subject matter, because I will 100% never rob anyone in my life. I have such a disinterest in firearms that I prob will never own one.
Regardless, this is a good song. It sounds good, it’s catchy, and both rappers go in. Yelawolf goes in though. He wins this one, he destroys it.

Smoke A N*gga feat Wiz Khalifa

This is not a bad song, I just really really really REALLY dislike Wiz Khalifa. He goes in on this song at though, so he gets plus points for that. This song isn’t really that impressive for me until Juicy’s last verse. I love his flow on that verse. 


Show Out feat Young Jeezy & Big Sean

This song. This goddamn song. I love it. It might be my favorite song off of this whole album. Just a song about how hard they go whenever they go out. But the beat is so good with the bass. The verses are all so good, even Young Jeezy and I don’t even know another song he has or is featured on except “My President Is Black” He had Nas featured on that song though, so that’s kinda trill I guess. I remember that song, it got me all hype about the elections. Hype song about elections, what up? And yes I just paused the whole review to youtube that song and jam out to it.
Back to Juicy, I love how he references “a zip and a double cup”, if you don’t know that song, then you are missing out on a classic Juicy J song.
I really enjoy Big Sean’s rapping. He goes hard and has an interesting style. 
I really like his first line when he goes:

“All these ratchet hoes say I ain’t shit,
Well at least I ain’t broke, hoe.”

It’s such a good diss to them. It also reminds me of his verse on that Drake song.  Big Sean is a dope rapper. 
But, Young Jeezy wins the song. I don’t know how he pulls it off, but his verse is just so dope. 
It’s a hype ass song and if you don’t get hype to it, then something is wrong with you.



The Woods feat Justin Timberlake

I have literally never listened to this song fully, but now that I have my big headphones on I regret that I haven’t. The bass is just belligerent on this song. I can’t really say much to this song, because this is the first time I fully listened to it, but I have to say Justin Timberlake doesn’t sounds bad on it and Juicy J goes in on it. It’s the only love song I think Juicy has ever made. There’s one line that I really like on this and that is:

“She’s so dope now I’m a fiend”

That just reminds me of high school because my group would call this girl the “dope fiend” but just say it so redic and keep going with it. Good times, good times.
I’m impressed that Juicy has this song because he’s known for his numerous girls and what not. Actually who am I kidding, he’s known for going to Strip clubs and all that.

Money A Do It

This song is about how much money he has and how many problems he has due to that. He gives examples, (women, haters, murder) and then says that he can get whatever he wants because of his money.
I need to say something here that I was gonna say at the end of the review but it needs to be said now. This album is meant to be played loud with bass and yea. The lyrics don’t really matter, yea, it’s like Waka. If I listen to the lyrics too much I get mad and start to hate this. He isn’t a technical rapper. He’s a party rapper.
I like when the beat changes up though and he just goes in on it. 
Great song.

Talkin’ Bout feat Chris Brown & Wiz Khalifa

First off, what the actual fuck is “swaggeroni”? Is it like a macaroni with swag? This is gonna bug me now. I’m gonna look it up on Urban Dictionary…


Ok. What the hell.
Carrying on. This song is pretty good, although I don’t like Chris Brown or Wiz. Juicy is good on this, but it’s ruined by the features for me.

All I Blow Is Loud

This bass doe. It’s insane. It’s just a constant assault on your ears and I dig it. Song is just about how he smokes the best stuff, but it’s a hella dope song. I feel like I’m being brainwashed by this bass. 
His flow on his second verse is completely redic. He doesn’t even really sound like himself for the first half of it. I think it’s hella interesting. 
One of my favorite songs off of the album.

Bandz A Make Her Dance feat Lil Wayne & 2 Chainz


Ratchet Anthem of the year. I have to say something to the backstory of this song. I watched an interview about this song and he said it was just an accidental song made while they were drunk and high in their hotel room one time. Crazy thing is that this song blew Juicy J up. It made him fully relevant again and showed us why he is the King of Ratchets, AKA the Codeine Captain, AKA the kush king, AKA the Purple Pirate. Yes I did just make all those up, but they all fit.


This song has the now classic Juicy J line:
“You say no to ratchet pussy,
Juicy J can’t”

This comes from a long series of similar lines that Juicy has in some of his songs and they follow the same thing, beat pauses during the first half and as he says the second half the beat drops. Some notable ones are:

“You say no to drugs,
Juicy J can’t”

and

“ You say no to drugs,
That means mo’ fo' me”

Lil wayne then goes in on the song and I’m happy to say that he doesn’t have horrible lines in this song. If you look at him nowadays he’s just straight trash. (I’m talking about that 28 song long mixtape) I enjoy this verse.
2 Chainz comes in with his usual lines full of nothingness, but he fully fits with this song. This is honestly a stupid ass song, but it’s supposed to be. It achieves all it’s goals.


Scholarship feat A$AP Rocky

Best song on the album. Hands down.
The beat is so intense and such a good beat to dance with someone too. Bass is good too.
Juicy goes in on this song, but A$AP destroys it. 
There’s a reason that he is one of the best rappers out there right now. 
Fun story about this song though. Juicy J actually held a twerk comp to this song and some lucky broad earned the “Juicy J Scholarship Foundation” for it. I think thats the funniest thing ever. 
She’s at like a job interview and the guys like: “it says here you got the Juicy J Scholarship. What is that?”
“Oh I’m really good at twerking.”
Still dope that he’s paying for someone’s college.
#GoodGuyJuicyJ

If I Ain’t

I like the way that he raps on this song. It’s entertaining, although it’s just more of the usual sadly. I mean, you can’t complain because that’s him, but still. Good song though. 

One Thousand feat Wiz Khalifa

I’ve never heard any of these bonus tracks so these will kinda be first impressions.
I like the beat to this song a lot. It’s a nice different one then those hard bass having ones.
I love this. It sounds so good. Wiz’s part is just perfect on it. Great song, I don’t know why it’s a bonus track and not on the normal version.

Having Sex feat 2 Chainz & Trina

This song is on a 2 Chainz mixtape? Oh well.
“Bandz A Make Her Dance” reference? Check.
2 Live Crew Sample? “Hell Yea”
I like Juicy’s verse and I like 2 Chainz verse, but this Trina girl needs to back off this song real quick. Good song though, I can dig.

One Of Those Nights feat The Weekend

I love this song. This song is so dope. I usually don’t like The Weekend, mostly because I never took the time to listen to him, but he’s good on this song. He adds so much, he pretty much makes the song. This is a great ending for the album, although I feel like it should have just been on the normal version.






So this song was my #6 album of the year and you can tell why. The reason it’s not higher is because I like to have at least some technical raps and lyrics on my rap songs. You can’t listen to Juicy J unless you are in the mood to party. You aren’t about to sit there studying his lyrics. I’ll give this a 9/10. Now I really, really wanna party.
Stay Trippy, friends.


No comments:

Post a Comment