Monday, March 17, 2014

Top 20 Childish Gambino Songs

Ayyy, what’s gucci?
I thought a lot about what the special top 10 should be this month and I decided that it should be top 10 Gambino songs. But since Gambino is my all time favorite artist, I’m gonna have to do a top 20. Sorry if I get somewhat emotional during this, but it is what it is.
This was beyond hard to do, but somehow I did it.





Top 10 20 Childish Gambino Songs

I don’t need to say anything about Gambino. He’s my favorite rapper and my idol. He’s greatly influenced me throughout my life.
Since it would be way to hard for me to pick my top 20 songs by Gambino in order, I chose my favorite Gambino songs and am going to keep them unlisted. All of them except the first one are in no particular order, since their ranking changes on the daily depending how I feel.

1.L.E.S.


This will forever be my favorite Gambino song. This song just makes me vibe so much and get so many feelings. Never gonna forget when I saw him in Paris and he played this. ’Twas a life changing experience. The line that will always get me is:

“ I’m a mess,
  That don’t rhyme with shit, it’s just true.”

I talked about this song already in my review of his first album. This song is just full of emotion and he’s pouring his heart out. Here’s the part where I would say that I can relate to the bridge and the part where he says that he’s a piece of shit, but to be honest, I can’t relate to that anymore. I’m not a piece of shit anymore I guess. 

The Longest Text Message


This song is another emotional one, but in my opinion it’s one of Gambino’s best songs. His lines are so good and his energy and delivery are insane. This song is a breakup song and I think it’s funny that Gambino structures it like the different phases some guys go through when they break up with their gf or get dumped. In the first verse he’s talking about how she fucked him over and then in the second verse it’s a mix of that, disses towards her and bragging about other women. The lines that really stand out to me is the beginning of his verse:

“ First off let me say I’m drunk off of shitty wine
  So I’ll probably use the B word a couple times.”

He says it with so much energy and I remember that I actually heard this song right after I broke up with a girl so it fit really well. What caught my attention when I first heard this song was how much energy he puts into those first two lines. 
I also like the line:

“ ‘You know it’s fucking childish to write a song to get me’
  I’m always fucking childish, you knew that when you met me.”

The first line is his ex saying that it’s childish of him to write this song to hurt her and he replies with a clever line that could either be seen as that he is actually always childish or that he is always Childish Gambino. 

Make Em’ Mad feat Steve G. Lover


This might be the most energetic I’ve ever seen Gambino. I’m mad that there isn’t a studio version of this song, because I think that it would be the best Gambino song if there was one. The beat is crazy and both of them just destroy the beat. 

The Worst Guys feat Chance The Rapper


This song makes me unbelievably happy. So many positive vibes. I’m sad that Chance doesn’t have a verse in this, but what are you gonna do? Bieber needed a verse.

Break (All Of The Lights)


This is a remix to ‘All Of The Lights’ by Kanye West and it is perf. It’s acoustic and just sounds amazing. He starts it off with a couple lines about asian girls and it just keeps getting better. The Frank Ocean line makes me laugh.

Bitch, Look At Me Now


This is that hella throwback Gambino. This one of the first things that he released when he used to do remixes of indie songs. He even says so himself:

“ I’mma try to make my street cred stack up.
  I mean I’m rapping over Grizzly Bear, what the fuck?”

He sounds kinda weird in this song, but it’s still good.

Yes


This song is so ill and Gambino was actually sick when he recorded this I believe. You can tell by his voice. The beat in this is just insane and he spits hard bars over it.

Twistclip Loop


This song is completely insane. It’s off of DJ SoSuperSam AKA the most attractive DJ’s mixtape and it’s bonkers. This is one of his best verses ever in my opinion. 

The Party


This is by far Gambino’s best verse from his new album, if not his best verse ever. I’m sad that it is so short, it could use another min or so.

Crawl


This is another perf song off of his new album. It’s an upbeat song and the lyrics are pretty dope. My favorite line has to be:

“ And I’m only looking back if I’m looking at her booty”

*Insert smirking smily face here* I featured that line on one of my ‘Words Of Wisdom’ posts as well.

Freaks And Geeks


This is that stereotypical Gambino song that every white person loves more than any other song by him. Don’t get me wrong, I love this song. I just don’t think that it is his best. I could talk about this song for ages. It has so many good lines. Let’s just go with the all time favorite:

“ Are there Asian girls here?
  Minority Report!”

Perfection.

Centipede


This song was released before his new album was released and it is pretty good. It’s mostly on this list because it has an emotional value to me. Still one of my favorite Gambino songs, even though it makes me sad.

Yaphet Kotto


Shoutout to Yaphet Kotto, one of my favorite cops on TV. Well he used to be on TV. He was on that show called ‘Homocide’. It’s hella old, I watched it with my parents and have seen like every episode. It’s the OG detective show.
This song is sick. The beat and the way he raps on this really appeals to me.

Lights Turned On


This song holds so many memories for me. 
The beat is really good and it is a hella hype song. So many good references in this song too and he again brings up an asian girl. I really forgot how much Gambino talks about asians.

You See Me


I’m not even gonna say anything about this song.nI’ll just give you this line and you have to listen to the rest of the song.

“ Forget these white girls, I need some variation.
  Especially if she very asian. “

Do Ya Like


This is a nice laid back song from Gambeezy. He sampled Adele, which is crazy. I like this song a lot. It was either this song or his ‘Rolling In The Deep’ cover, but I chose this one, because I wasn’t in the mood for the Adele parts.

Put It In My Video


This was Gambino’s first real faster song. It has his typical word play with a great beat.

Unnecessary feat Schoolboy Q & Ab-Soul


This song is insane. It might be Gambino’s most G song. I mean the first version he showed us of this only had Schoolboy Q on it, but then he goes and adds Ab-Soul? Damn. 
All of them go in on this, but Ab-Soul has the best verse for sure.

3005


I really like this song a lot. I really want to find to be someones 3005 or find my 3005.

WorldStar


This is another hood song by Gambino. It’s a banger for sure. My favorite line from this song is:

“My girl ain’t bad,

She more like evil.”

No comments:

Post a Comment