Sunday, December 1, 2013

James’ Favorite Hoodie Allen Songs

Yooo, whats up? Sorry I haven’t posted in ages, I’ve been busy. By busy I mean I’ve been hanging with my cousins while playing BF4 and making numerous trips to Walmart out of boredom. Fun right?
Aight, anywaysI was gonna write review for Hoodie Allens first studio album: “ All American” but I decided to just review my favorite Hoodie Allen songs. This list isn’t in order or anything like that.


James’ Favorite Hoodie Allen Songs

If you never heard of Hoodie Allen,here are the basic songs in my opinion.

You Are Not A Robot




First song I ever heard from Hoodie. Such a classic song. Great sample and great display of his rap skills. This song is so good. The lyrics are deep as well. I really like the lines:

“So if we more legit then they treat us like a compound.
Yeah, they want to break us down, never gonna stop now.
Because being scared will only eat you like a cop out.
Life’s a haunted house, I’m ready to pop out. “

“But if it doesn’t kill me it makes me tougher
  And that’s the message that I pass on to my brother.
  You never really gonna make a difference till you suffer.”

I find this song really inspirational and I listen to it in my times of trouble.

Look At What We Started


I love the tempo of the beat and the way he raps in this song. That combined with a catchy hook and you have one of his best song. 

Song For An Actress


I adore this song. The beat is dope and he just goes in on it. There are so many pop culture references in this song and I think thats why I like it so much. He also shout outs Emma Roberts and she’s the BAE. So there’s that.

Can’t Hold Me Down feat Tayyib Ali


The first lines of this song are so good. I used to listen to this song before I played tennis. Only thing I don’t like about this song is the part where he talks about punching a girl in the eye, but to each their own, right?
Tayyib Ali also goes HAM in this song. 

The Chase Is On


The main reason this song is on this list is because of my best friend Christine. I remember we started listening to Hoodie together and she loved this song. It just reminds me of the fun times we had while we were all still in Germany. 
I really like the line:

“Honesty is Confidence”

It’s one of my mottos in life.

#WhiteGirlProblems


The beat and his flow are on point in this song.
This is another great song that reminds me of times in Germany. I put this song on some assignment for a class and the teacher was this super uptight and she flipped out on me about it.
I find the ending humorous as well since he just lists people that have “White Girl Problems”.


Moon Bounce


This song is so trill. I love how he starts it out with the line:

“Black girls love it, say I taste like licorice,
so much whiskey in me, man I’m liquor rich.”

And then he just goes in with solid rhymes and references.  Some of my other fav lines from this song are:

“Fuck your bitch I’m Kelsey Grammer.
Talking all that bull, but I can’t understand ya.
She like pity parties, I like witty banter.
Ask me if I’m dumping her, I reply with a shitty answer.”

“Damn hoe, I think you a damn hoe.
All you do is pay me in attention. What you got a man for?”

Eighteen Cool


I love the beat in this song and the way that his voice sounds. A lot of people says he sounds super whiny in this song, but I disagree. My favorite part of the song is the hook.

“Thumbs up to my friends drinking whiskey.
Peace out to the girls that will miss me.
Middle finger to the guys back in high school,
Cause you peaked at 18, cool. “

No Faith In Brooklyn feat Jhameel


Nice beat and really good lyrics. I don’t know why I enjoy this song so much. It might honestly be my favorite Hoodie Allen song. Either this or “Lady Killers” with G-Eazy.

No Interruption


Almost forgot about this song. This song needs to be added to the list of possible number 1 Hoodie song. It’s so catchy and the beat is so good. 

Hey Now


Almost no one knows this song, because he just released it for free one day. It’s so good though. Crazy beat and one of his best hooks.

Cake Boy




I like this song because it’s like this new Hoodie Allen, who sounds way more hood. He destroys the beat, especially during that trill fast bit that he has in it.

Long Night feat Chance the Rapper


I really like this song. Beats on point like always, but what makes this song so good is the fact that Chance the Rapper delivers one of the best verses on the mix tape. 


Lady Killers feat G-Eazy


Even though this is actually a G-Eazy song it’s still on the list because I like it so much. Both of them just have the perfect lines and flow in this. My favorite line in this song is:

“Many look at me like I ain’t even got a fuckin’ plan.
Alright, thats cause I’m the fuckin man.”

All songs on the “Americoustic EP”


They all sound so much better in their acoustic versions.


No comments:

Post a Comment