Wednesday, January 22, 2014

James' Top 10 Jan 2014

Yooo, what’s gucci? 
I’m doing a new type of my top 10, where I just say what my top 10 songs of the month are. No iTunes list, or anything like that. Easier this way. Also they aren’t songs that necessarily came out in this month. So let’s go. I’ll try to keep it to only one song from a certain artist, otherwise Gambino would be on here like 5 times.



James Top 10 Jan 2014


1. 14,400 Minutes - Chance the Rapper


This song is so dope. The beat is insane and so is his flow. He talks about how he got suspended from school for ten days (hence the title 14,400 days) and the name of his mixtape “Ten Days”. This is the intro to the mixtape and tells the story about how said mixtape was made and how that suspension influenced his life. Probably gonna do a review of one of his mixtapes soon. 

2. The Worst Guys - Childish Gambino feat Chance the Rapper


I’m in love with this song. So many good vibes. This song just makes me so happy. It’s such a catchy song. Gambino’s verses are trill as usual. A funny story about this song is that apparently Chance was supposed to have an actual verse for this song instead of just being on the hook, but then Justin Bieber wanted Chance on a song and Chance but his verse on that. I just listened to it and it actually is an insanely good verse, wish it would have been on this song though. This song is still great though. Other Gambino songs that I was considering were: “Shadows”, “Crawl”, and “Worldstar”

3. Security Check - Left Boy


Everyone knows I like Left Boy a ton, because he is a truly unique rapper. I have never heard anyone that sounds remotely like him. This song came out like the day before I flew back to America, so I found that really amusing. This is another catchy ass song and I’m stoked to see what else he has in store for us. The music video is also super entertaining. 

4. BOAH! - Psaiko.Dino feat Bartek & PalinaPower


This is a german song and I was actually gonna put a different song from this album on this list, where Chuck Inglish is featured, this song is better and the music video for it just dropped so it’s worth it. Psaiko.Dino is basically the german DJ Khaled and his album is too trill. It’s called “#Hangster” which is a combination of the words gangster and hipster and for his album he took a hipster and a gangster rapper and put them on one song. If you can understand german then this album is definitely worth checking out. Also the female rapper in the video is very attractive.


5. Lexicon - K.I.D. AKA KYLE


I don’t know why he changed his name to KYLE but this song is the best one he made. It sounds so good. If you haven’t heard of him yet you can check out the review I did of his album here. 

6. My Shit - Johnny Polygon


This guy is insanely good. This song blew me away the first time I heard it. He is an extremely entertaining and interesting rapper. The beat is insane. His flow is so good on this song. My cousin showed me this guy years ago and I randomly remembered him the other day and I’m glad I did. He got way better than he was before. I’m definitely reviewing his new album/mixtape.

7. Banger (Moshpit) - Schoolboy Q


Too excited for his album that’s coming out on the 25th of Feb. Schoolboy Q goes in on this track. This is one of my hype songs as of late. His album is gonna be redic good, might even be the best album of 2014.  

8. Almost Famous - G-Eazy


This song is insanely good and it has one of my favorite videos ever. It’s so dope. The idea of it is genius. I am super into Photography and therefore it appeals a lot to me. Also G-Eazy is just a badass. 

9. Iced Coffee Freestyle - D-Pryde


I’ve been listening to a lot of D-Pryde lately. This song is super trill. The beat is crazy and his verses are on point. This was another one where I had to pick on out of a number of good ones but chose this one. 

10. Do Like Me - Chris Webby


This song sounds super dope and the video is hella good. The only complaint I have about this song is that the hook kind of reminds me of old Eminem. It sounds pretty much exactly like Eminem. But everything else about this song is super trill. Also, he’s chugging a Brass Monkey in the video and he is therefore my spirit animal. 

No comments:

Post a Comment