Wednesday, March 26, 2014

California Sweetheart - Lil Debbie Review

Yoo, what’s good? Sorry I haven’t been posting in a minute I’ve been hella busy. Today I got a review of Lil Debbie’s new album.




California Sweetheart - Lil Debbie

Lil Debbie used to be my celeb crush and honestly I don’t see why anymore. I mean sure she has a pretty face and her weave game strong, but that’s it. She’s pretty much just a skinny ratchet white girl with no body. Ok that was really mean. True, but mean.


Pretty Muthafucka

This beat is trill. The bass is bumping and everything.The lyrics are aight, the only thing I don’t like is that she steals A$AP Rocky’s nickname. There can only be one ‘pretty muthafucka’ and that is Rocky. It’s still a good sounding song though. 


Dab

So the beat is bangin’ on this song, but I really don’t understand what the hell it is about. Is it about getting high? ‘bitchmade guys’? ‘ain’t fuckin with these bitches? fornicating the men of your haters? I don’t know. I honestly cannot say.


$lot Machine

Another swell beat.
This song is a big sexual reference, I get it. The slot machine is a guy and the bar you pull down on is his peen. This might be the dumbest sexual reference I’ve heard in a long long time if not ever.

What It Look Like

The beat in this song is super ill, as all beats are on this album and she actually spits mad bars in this song. Just one problem, she’s trying to hard. She’s cussing way too much (yes,there is such a thing) and she’s trying to portrait herself as some gangster ass broad. Sorry homegirl, but no.


California Sweetheart

I actually enjoy this song and think that it is the best one off of this album. She’s not trying too hard on this and actually sounds decent. 


Verdict

This was a really underwhelming album and should have probably been released as a mixtape. I think that the songs are good for like party settings where everyone is super drunk and whatnot, but not for like serious listening. The pros of this album are that it isn’t too long like that Hopsin disaster and it has great beats. It also shows that Lil Debbie grew as a rapper because these songs sound better than any of her other ones. The con of this album is that she tries to hard to be gangster and stuff and that she references twerking. She has 0 twerk skills. 

I would give this album a 4/10.


No comments:

Post a Comment