Saturday, December 14, 2013

Nothing Was The Same - Drake Drunk Review

Yooo, what is good? I’m reviewing Drake’s album, because I lost a bet to my friend JT. I wanna say before this that I do not really like Drake and that I doubt I will like this album. Also, I’m kinda intoxicated, so sorry if this review is kinda crappy. I'm kinda drunk.







Nothing Was The Same - Drake

Ok, so I dislike Drake a lot. I think he is one of the softest rappers ever and yea. 


Tuscan Leather

God damn, is this Drake? I’ve been missing out on some quality rap lately if it is. (Obviously I know it’s him. I’m not dumb. I’m saying that to emphasize how good this song sounds) I’m mad impressed by this song. How does Drake go so hard on this song? Everyone says Drake is a lil bitch, but he goes hard AF in this song. The beat is decent too. Shoutout to Drake for going hard in this song.

Furthest Thing

I like this song too. What is happening right now? I’m surprised with the fact that I like this song. It’s like a laid-back song with good rapping over it. He has a good flow. I like the hook of this song and the fact that this song has no singing in it. 

Started From The Bottom

This song is so damn catchy. This is one of my favorite Drake songs. The beat is dope and he destroys it. Not in a normal way, but in a Drake way. I enjoyed this song. It’s a song about how he started from nothing and ended up on top. One thing though, Drake has been rich his whole damn life. He started from the top and now he’s there. Basically gone no where. #DegrassiWheelchairSwag


Wu-Tang Forever

I like this song a lot. Mostly because it’s a dedication to the one and only Wu-Tang Clan. I respect Drake for this song. I love Wu-Tang and this is a trill song. So yea. Drake wins this one and the previous 3 songs as well I guess. I’m impressed to say the least.

Own It feat PARTYNEXTDOOR

Now I remember why I hate Drake. Shit like this pisses me off. This lame ass rapping but not really rapping/singing but not really singing shit. I like the second verse, because it’s more of an actual rap verse. The second verse saves this whole song. It’s not too bad. 

Worst Behavior

I can appreciate Drake when he actually raps. I like this song. The beat is simple and he just raps. I like rap, if it’s done well and Drake actually raps really well on this song. I’m not even paying that much attention to the lyrics as of right now. I’m just zoning out to the beat and feeling the music and it’s dope. I don’t know how to explain it. You just get into the zone with certain songs and this is one of those songs.



From Time feat Jhene Aiko

I don’t know why I hate Drake so much. He’s really not that bad. I mean sure, he’s a more emotional rapper, but that doesn’t mean he’s straight garbage. I’m impressed by him. I like the beat on this song and I really like his verses on this song. I’m also pretty sure that Gambino is dating Jhene Aiko and if he is, congrats to Gambeezy.
Good song for sure.

Hold On, We’re Going Home feat Majid Jordan

NO NO NO NO NO. I don’t like this. No me gusta. Ich mag den Scheiß nicht. This is why I don’t like Drake.



Connect

At first I liked this song, but after I listened to it I just got annoyed with it. It’s that same Drake BS, where he just sounds like he’s whining and mopping around about a girl that he lost. Like dog, you are famous AF and you could get pretty much anyone in the world to be with you. Simmer down and on to the next one.

The Language

This is the reason that I’m reviewing this goddamn album. I love this song. Drake goes in on the beat. It’s a simple beat, but it’s all he needs to stretch it to the limits and own it. This is just a rap about how he’s a big man in the rap scene and I have to say that if he would always pull shit like this, I would be a huge Drake fan. Sadly he doesn’t pull this all the time and he often sucks. 
Back to this song though. Damn. I’m hella impressed by this song. It’s like instead of a little baby Drake we get a cocky ass grown up Drake. I can deal with that.

305 To My City feat Detail

I don’t like this song. I don’t know why, but I just don’t. Something about it just annoys me. I mean he’s actually rapping in this, but idk. I’ll pass on this song. Actually scratch that. It’s not as bad as I thought. It’s an entertaining song.



Too Much feat Sampha
Damn, Drake actually goes in on this. At first I was getting ready to write a horrible review of this song, saying that it sucks and is horrible, but damn son. Drake goes in on this. I’m not even listening to the lyrics right now. For this review they don’t matter. What matters is the energy that Drake is producing for this. Shout out to Drake for actually going in on this song. I feel like he put his whole soul onto this song.

Pound Cake/ Paris Morton Music 2 feat Jay-Z & Timbaland

C.R.E.A.M - Cash Rules Everything Around Me. He gets bonus points for that!
Mad respect to Drake for this song. Drake goes in on this song and he has Jay-Z tearing it apart on this song. I can def see myself listening to this more than a couple times. One of the better songs on the album. Then the beat change comes and I’ll be damned if it isn’t a sick beat change. Drake goes in more on the second part than he does on the first part. Drake pull something which I love on the second part of this song. He pulls the over two minute of straight rapping without a hook and he goes in on it. I’m so damn impressed by this. This changed my whole view of Drake.



Come Thru

I like this song just because of the twerkin’ line. Actually scratch that. His second verse is the only redeeming quality of this song. Otherwise it’s straight garbage. And I have to scratch that again, it wins some points because of the bass during the second half of the song.



All Me feat 2 Chainz & Big Sean

Best song of the album. Hands down. First off, Aziz Ansari intro. If you don’t know him, look him up. 
Then 2 Chainz goes in. He might rap about stupid stuff, but he sounds awesome while doing so. Like his verse just radiates badassness. Thank you 2 Chainz for this dope verse.
Drake actually goes in harder than ever in this song. In the words of Drake, this verse is on some “crazy shit”. This is the only time that no matter what my mental state is, I can be drunk, sober, whatever. I will always love this Drake verse.
The real gem of this song has to go to Big Sean though. Just the way that he starts his verse with the line:

“Hoe. Shut. The Fuck. Up.”

That line will make anyone shut up. When you hear that, you know that he is about to go in and me oh my, does he go in. He demolishes the beat. I love the “99 Problems” reference. Big Sean is a goddamn boss in this song.
After Big Sean’s verse Drake goes in and the beat completely changes. I’m listening to this with my big, over the ear headphones, so the bass is redic. The bass makes drake’s verse so much better than it actually is I think. But regardless, this is the greatest song off of the album.



So yea, there’s my drunk review of Drake’s album. I actually liked some of the songs and I was impressed by how hard Drake went. I hope you are happy JT! I actually kinda enjoyed it and i’ll give it an 8/10. Peace.





No comments:

Post a Comment