Wednesday, January 29, 2014

Take The Stares - Dumbfoundead Review

Ayyy, what’s up?
As you probably haven’t noticed, I deleted the post about that psycho broad that had all the screen caps of the texts, because it portrayed me in a way that I don’t want to be portrayed as. That’s not me. It was wrong of me to do and I want to apologize for it. I said mean things and tried to find reasons to justify it when I actually just messed up and should have just been straight up and told her that I just wasn’t into her. What’s done is done. Positive Vibes from here on out. 
Anyways here is a new review.


Take The Stares - Dumbfoundead

I saw this guy in Munich and at PSU and it was super dope. The first time was way better than my time at PSU though, because I went to Munich with my mom and that already wins all the possible cool points and because I went to the PSU one by myself. 


Stairs Intro

This is a great way to start off a mixtape. It’s a nice uplifting beat. It’s just almost 2 min of good, solid, technical rapping. I like songs like this a lot, where there is no real break in rapping. No hook or anything. Just rhymes.
This is a deep song where he talks about his youth and how he grew up. Dope subject matter and dope song. 

S.C.R.A.M.


Damn. This beat is redic. The bass on this is crazy. This song is hella dope. His verses are solid and sound good. I’m surprised he isn’t more well known. Really impressed with this song.
This is just a song about how fast paced his life is and all that good stuff. I think the part where he gets pulled over and a ticket so he then proceeds to go to the studio and write a diss about the officer. 

New Chick


I love this song. The beat is so good. What I really like though is what the song is about.  In the first verse he’s describing the trech broad that he’s with right now. In the second verse he leaves that chick and finds a new one. I like this song because it is perfectly produced, sounds great and I can relate to it. I mean we all have been in the situation where we are with someone that we shouldn’t be with. 
I also can relate with the part about the chick not knowing who Phife Dog is. You can’t be with someone if you don’t have a common taste in music. It’s all about the classics.


10 Rounds feat Nina Katsuya



This was the first song I heard of DFD’s and it’s what got me into his music. This right here is a straight banger. This song is basically just about drugs and partying. Not that anything is wrong with that subject matter, especially since it’s the first song that is solely about that on this mixtape. 
Carrying on, the beat on this song is insane. His flow is also bonkers. Pounding bass and all that good stuff. One of my favorite songs off of the album.

Growing Young


This song is all about how he is growing up now. I find it interesting how he talks about how his dad was an alcoholic and how he told himself he would never grow up and be like him and then he follows it by saying that he never grew up at all. He talks about how he just womanizes, cheats and drinks heavily and how people make excuses for him by saying that’s just the way he is.
Then in the last bit of the song he talks about how he wishes that people would have set him straight and how he needed to grow up. In the last bit he talks about how he is finally growing up.
The beat and his flow on this song is very good.

Wine feat Breezy Lovejoy & Wax

I actually find this song really amusing. It’s all about a girl, that Dumbfoundead and Wax hook up with, who is 19 years old and not old enough to legally drink wine (hence the title). I think its funny because the way they describe her is so redic. 
The beat is really good and so is the flow of the rappers. Breezy Lovejoy does a good job on the hook as well. I love the Biggie reference.

Fck It feat Murs, Breezy Lovejoy & Nina Katsuya 

Nina Katsuya is super good on the hook, just as she was in the earlier song that she was featured in, but I don’t really like this song that much. For some reason it just doesn’t appeal to me. It’s not really a bad song though, it’s just something about it doesn’t make me want to listen to it.

Korean Jesus


Another one of my favorite songs off of the mixtape. This is such a hype song. The beat is redic and he completely destroys it. This song is just about him and how he’s coming to take the rap game by storm or whatnot. I like him and think that he is underrated, but in my eyes, he’s not gonna be as famous as Weezy, Yeezy, or Hova. 
I’m pretty sure that his nickname is Korean Jesus, but I might be wrong. I’m 80% certain it is though.

It’s Not You feat David Choi 

This is a break-up song and I usually hate these types of songs, but this one is something else. He raps faster than usual on this and it sounds super trill. The hook is on point as well. It’s a sad song, but it has a great beat and doesn’t sound that sad.

Drinking Alone feat Breezy LoveJoy

This song is great. It’s pretty amusing if I may say so myself. The intro is great, and Breezy LoveJoy does a great job on the hook again. But Dumbfoundead is the real star on this track. This song is basically just him talking about how he gets drunk and makes a fool of himself online and by drunk texting/calling. It surprised me that they use the term “thirsty” since this song came out way before thirsty was commonly used.

Word

He goes in on this song, but I really don’t care for it that much. The only part I really like about this song is the hook:

“What’s a man without his word?
If we ain’t got a bond what’s it all worth?
I can tell you the truth, but damn, the truth hurts.
As long as I’m living I’mma give you my word. “

Basically, if you don’t have your word, AKA you don’t keep your promises or deals, then you have nothing in this life. That one is most def gonna be on my next “Words Of Wisdom” post whenever I decide to do that. 



I thought that this was a really good mixtape and I would give it a 7.5/10.

I’m looking for someone to jump on a review with me, if you would like to do that, just let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment