Monday, February 3, 2014

James’ Top 10 Of Feb 2014

Yoo, what’s up? Hope everyone is doing good.I know it’s early in Feb to be doing this list, but that’s because I have another top list coming out this month too. That new Major Lazer song with Pharrell would be really high on this list, but the clean version is the only version out and i’m not messing with clean versions of songs.
There’s also gonna be some reviews of some pretty good mixtapes/albums coming out soon as well as one not so great mixtape. 



James’ Top 10 Of Feb 2014

1. There He Go - Schoolboy Q


I’m too stoked for his album to come out on the 25th of Feb. It’s gonna be so sick. Might even be the best album of the year.
This is one of Q’s classic songs. It’s also one of my favorite songs as of right now. The beat is so sick and Q just demolishes it.
The best lines in my opinion are:

“My pistol drawn, her boyfriend got me paranoid.
N*gga try sneaking up on me and I’m making noise,
But what I failed to understand, I’m the mothafuckin’ man,
Ran into him, he’s a fan, goddamn. “

I don’t know why I like those lines so much, but they are sick. His flow is just too good on this song. 
Another line I really, really like is:

“Nappy chin hairs, bitch, I’m mothafuckin’ Q”

That’s because I can relate to those lines since I pretty much always have nappy ass chin hairs. 
I could talk about this song for so much longer, but I plan on reviewing the mixtape that it is on, so I can’t.

2. Get It Right - Left Boy


Do I really need to talk about this song? It’s so hype and so trill. So many positive vibes. His album comes out on Valentine’s Day, so that’s my Valentine’s day present. I said it before and I’ll say it again, I really like him a lot, because he’s a truly unique rapper. I’ve never heard anything quite like him. Also, homeboy Jon W. will be on the review. So that will be dope.

3. Radioactive Remix - Imagine Dragons feat Kendrick Lamar


We all know that Kendrick got robbed at the Grammys, but that’s besides the point. This song is hella impressive. It’s a great remix of a good song. Kendrick completely destroys it. Whenever I stop caring about Kendrick he comes out and impresses me even more. Check out the live performance as well. 



4. 1st Quarter Freestyle - Big Sean


This song is insane. He said that this song didn't make the cut for Hall Of Fame, but I don't see how it didn't. The beat is crazy and his flow is insanely good. The video is also interesting. 

5. Pot Of Gold - Asher Roth


Another album that I’m super stoked for. After his last mixtape, Asher is finally back in full swing. Positive vibes all around.

6. CudderIsBack - Kid Cudi


This song is a classic. Shoutout to the homies from Germany, you know who you are. This was our song. 
This song samples a Vampire Weekend song, which is dope. Cudi lays down a trill verse. I really like the part about him and Amanda Bynes. 
My favorite part of this song is where he goes:

“But if I’m in the club, we gon’ tear shit up
Talking about shots, ridiculous amounts.
Cause if you’re gonna rage, should be all about.
Take, take another shot or you’re soft,
Dream on campaign I’m the motherlovin’ boss.”

Fits so well to when we are in Germany raging. 
Cudi has a mixtape coming out this month, which is a bridge between his last album and his next one. He’s one of the only rappers that still have stories that span over multiple albums, just like Schoolboy Q and Gambino. 

7. Feels So Good - Kao The Great


I don’t even need to say anything about this song, because I just recently made a post about it. You can check that out here. This guy is so sick though and I really, really like the line:

“Your girlfriend doesn’t even like you,
She told me, she lonely.”

So good.
Check it out here.
8. Dope - DoughNuts feat Aii

This song is dope (HA! same shitty joke again) and the homie’s mixtape is dropping on the 16th I believe. Which is dope because it’s my mom’s birthday. It should be a super dank mixtape. Check it out here.

9. 99 Problems - feat Jay-Z


I had to put a Jay-Z song on this since I went to his concert last friday. One of the best concerts I’ve ever been too. I went with some dope people too, so that’s always good.
This song is one of my all time classics. Can’t get much better than this.

10. Never Goin’ Broke - HBK Gang


I really enjoy this song. The beat is smooth and the verses are interesting. It’s also a super catchy. The only thing I don’t like about this video is that they burn money in it. Should never burn money homies.


No comments:

Post a Comment