Monday, April 21, 2014

Kao's World - Kao The Great Review

Yooo, what’s good guys? I’m sorry I haven’t been posting in awhile, I’ve been hella busy with college and whatnot. 
I changed the background of the blog to freshen it up a bit as I’m sure you noticed.
I have a fun review for you guys today.





Kao’s World - Kao The Great

I’ve been waiting for this album to drop ever since it was announced. I was hella stoked for it. 
I don’t really need to introduce Kao The Great, since he’s been frequently mentioned on the blog. So let’s just get straight into this.

Chasing feat Nick Stiens

At first I didn’t know how I felt about this song, but the more I listened to it, the more I liked it. The thing that threw me off was the beginning, but like I said the more I listen to it the more I like it. The beat is good and interesting and Kao goes in on it.
I really like the lines:

“ We all want happiness, let’s face it.”


Words of wisdom is all I can say to that.
There’s a couple more lines I really like out of this song.

“ Let’s get back to when music really meant something,
  Gave hope, lifted the people up, who didn’t have nothing.
  Back when shit was real,
  Back when shit was true.
  Never let someone tell you what you can and can’t do. “



I really like those lines. I wish there was more real rap out there. I mean don’t get me wrong I’m all for listening to hype music every now and then, but not all the time. You can’t always be a hype beast. The reason that there isn’t that much real rap out there anymore is because all people seem to want is that hype garbage. Look at coachella for example. A$AP mob went got the crowd all hyped and so did Girl Talk and many others, but then Outkast came out and people boo’d them because they weren’t playing hype songs. Anyway sorry about that rant, back to the review.
Another thing I want to point out to those lines is that real + true = Trill, so that gets a special like from me.
I think this is a really good first song for the album.

Believe feat Adrian Hughes

This is a hella fast paced song. I really like the beat and the way that Kao sounds when he raps. His flow is really good. You can really tell that he is putting all his heart into rapping. 
I really like the line:

“ And all the girls that put me down either fat now or single mothers”

Damn yo, that’s a good burn.
I believe (HA, get it?) that the message in this song is that you just have to believe in yourself.

Young & Crazy

This was one of the first Kao The Great songs that I ever heard and I really like it. The beat is really good and really energetic. 
This line from the hook pretty much sums the whole song up:

“ We’re young, dumb and maybe just a little bit crazy,
  but we wouldn’t have it any other way baby.”

I think those lines are pretty much self-explanatory.
I also like the Miley and Roger Federer references. Kao is a humorous rapper as well as a serious one. This makes him really interesting.

Dreams feat Haley J

The build up to this song is dope. The beat is also hella good. 
I want to talk about beats real quick. Like I said in a previous review, nowadays you have no excuse to have a crappy beat, since there are so many good producers out there right now. Kao the Great has really good producers. The beats he chooses stand out to me. 
This song is also hella catchy. It’s all about his dreams and what he wants in life.

Fa La La 

This song sounds so sick. I think the first verse of this song is one of the best ones off of the album.
My fav line out of this song has to be:

“Be confident in your body
Don’t be scared to show it.”

He’s obviously saying that to girls, but it’s good that he says that. 

In Chains

This is another high energy track. This song perfectly shows how much his music means to him and how much of his heart he puts into his music. The line that really stands out to me is:

“ To me music is more than a check “

He doesn’t care that much about money, he cares mostly about his music. 
He also compares himself to Bruce Wayne in this song, meaning that he is self-made.


In Our Hands

This song has a really good beat and he has a good flow in it.
I laughed at the part where he talks about showing his white girl, who just started smoking weed and is from the suburbs, rap music. I don’t know why, I just find that amusing.
This song is about how the world is in our hands.

Feels Good

I talked about this song when it came out. I really like it. It has a good beat, he has a good flow and the song gives me good vibes.
Hands down my favorite line is:

“ Your girlfriend doesn't even like you,
  She told me she lonely. “

Overdose feat Adrian Hughes

This is the song about how he wants to ‘Overdose’ on a girl. It’s kinda a love song, although it doesn’t really sound like your typical love song. It’s good regardless. I think Adrian Hughes really compliments this song a lot and was a good choice for a feature.

All I Need

The beginning of this song reminds me of old Kid Cudi, back when he was good, so this song already made me happy when I first heard it. Then the beat drops and you know it’s a Kao The Great song. He destroys this song. It might be my favorite verse on the album, but least favorite song, because it needs another verse in my opinion. It’s still super dope though.
Gambino did the same thing on his album kinda and it’s pretty sick. 

What If

This is another catchy song. It threw me off at first, because it sounds like a female pop star song or something, but then he starts rapping and it is really good. 
He has another great line in this song, that will most def be in the new Words Of Wisdom post whenever that comes out. It goes:

“ Money isn’t everything,
  but financial freedom is.”

That is such a good line and it so true. 

Almost 

I talked about this song before as well. The beat is so dope and uplifting. The build up is so sick and he goes in with so much energy and positivity.
This has one of the most dope lines off of the album in it:

“Bad bitches with self-esteem issues.
Pretty bitches with rich fathers.”

I don’t know why I like this line so much either, it just sounds dope.

Verdict

I really liked this album. It shows off Kao’s skill and unique style. The beat selection and production on this is great. No point in this album did I have the urge to press skip, even after I heard it a couple times. 
I think that Kao should most def make the XXL Freshman list 2015.
I would give this album a 9/10. 


No comments:

Post a Comment