Sunday, May 18, 2014

Rise Of An Empire - Young Money Review

Yooo, what’s gucci? I know it’s been a minute and I’m sorry about that. I have a lot of shit going on right now that’s been keeping me from doing any reviews. 
I have been keeping up with the music scene though, even though I’m in Europe and they are like 6 months behind everything. It seems to me that this summer white rappers are just gonna be straight snatching souls. Hoodie Allen, G-Eazy, Logic are all releasing albums this summer. There’s a Run The Jewels project coming and Weezy is dropping his last album “Tha Carter V”. Based on the two songs he recently released I think that it is gonna be a pretty good album. Anyways let’s get to this review.




Rise Of An Empire - Young Money

So this is Young Money’s label album, where basically everyone that’s on the label jumps on at least one song. I’ve never really listened to a full label album, because most labels have some trash on them (See Funk Volume, Young Money). I already had heard the first two tracks on this album, because they are mad trill. 

We Alright - Lil Wayne, Euro, Birdman



This is how you start an album. This is a very strong intro the album. Euro completely destroys it. Euro was signed to Young Money after Lil Wayne heard one verse from him. That might sound like the stupidest business decision ever, but it paid off here. Birdman and Weezy don’t sound too bad on this song either. Songs just about how they are doing good for numerous reasons (money, homies, girls), but it’s still trill. It has a good beat and I’m not really mad at this song at all.
I think it’s also interesting that this song has like Birdman, who started YMCMB, Lil Wayne, who was his protégée, and then Euro, who is kinda Lil Wayne’s protégée, on it. 

Trophies - Drake


Yo, this is like Drake’s best song. First off the beat is filthy. It’s funny, because the beat went to Gambino first and he said it was gonna be the beat for 3005, but he didn’t end up using it. It’s better this way too, because the beat does not fit to the message of 3005. This beat like makes me want to go party or something. 
Drake also goes in on this song. Everyone knows I really don’t like Drake and I think he’s a bitch, but damn he can rap yo. If Drake always made songs like this I would like him a lot more.

Bang - Lil Twist, Euro, Cory Gunz

The beat isn’t bad, but what the hell is Lil Twist doing rapping? He sounds like a little girl rapping. He has the most annoying voice I have ever heard in my entire life. He ruined this whole song. This could literally be the best song in the world and it would still be ruined by his voice. He’s a joke. There’s two types of rappers. Rappers I can listen to and rappers that just ruin my mood completely. Rappers in the latter category until now were just Hopsin,Drake when he is emotional and Tyga. Now Lil Twist is in there too. 
Euro on the other hand completely destroys the song and is again the gem on the track. Cory Gunz also goes ham on this track. Sadly both of their great verses are overshadowed by Lil Twist’s stupid ass voice. His voice overshadows how good the first two tracks are too. I just got so annoyed with this album and Lil Twist has literally been the first bad thing on this album in my opinion. 

Senile - Tyga, Nicki Minaj, Lil Wayne


This beat is so weird. Like it’s not bad, just weird. Tyga doesn’t even make me mad in this song, because I’m still annoyed by Lil Twist. This isn’t a bad song at all. It’s just an average rap song from nowadays. It’s good to be played loud and what not. 

Induction - Euro

This is Euro telling the story about how he got signed and what not to Young Money. Solid beat and really good lines in my opinion. This song sounds really, really good. You can tell that he really just laid down everything on this song. I’m most def stoked for his mixtape or whatever.

One Time - Lil Twist, Tyga, YG

I’m gonna be honest right now and just tell you guys that I did not fully listen to this song. I didn’t even get 15 seconds into it and I heard Lil Twist’s voice and got mad. Not worth my time.

Lookin Ass - Nicki Minaj


Even though Nicki goes in on this song and the beat is really good, it’s not really my song. I don’t know why, but I don’t really care for it. It is pretty good though.

Fresher Than Ever - Birdman, Flow, Gudda Gudda, Jae Millz, Mack Maine

This whole album surprised me so far, because I expected there to be more songs like this one it. Anyways, this song isn’t half bad. I mean of course these aren’t huge ass rappers or anything, but they have a nice flow together. What kind of annoyed me is Birdman on this he just like randomly starts talking, like shut up Birdman.

Back It Up - Lil Twist, Tyga

Ok. I didn’t listen to this song either, but I looked at the lyrics at least. Well I planned to, but then I saw that Lil Twist says this line:

“ I’m Twizzy F Baby, Mr. Freestyle Murder.”

Um, excuse me? What. I know Lil Wayne has been slipping as of lates, but he’s getting better for his last album and you have no right for that line. You are also the shittiest rapper ever and I guarantee that you can’t freestyle. Damn yo, I didn’t even listen to the song and I’m already annoyed and mad at it.

Moment - Lil Wayne

Lil Wayne pulling through lyrically on this song. This is the Lil Wayne that I like. He doesn’t sound like a babbling idiot on this. Like I said, he’s pulling through for the Carter V and his retirement. I’m becoming more and more convinced that his last album will be a good one. One can only hope.

You Already Know - Gudda Gudda, Jae Millz, Mack Maine, PJ Morton 

It seems to me that they took everyone who isn’t that great and put them on songs together and they put their stars on songs together. I’’m not saying that this song is bad, I’m actually positively surprised by this song. It sounds different and they all flow pretty good together again. This time there isn’t an annoying Birdman talking all over the song so it’s even better. 

Catch Me At The Light - Shanell, Yo Gotti

I don’t like this song at all. Her singing isn’t bad or anything, but I just don’t like it. I also don’t like Yo Gotti. 

Young Money - Christina Milian, Lil Wayne

This song reminds me so much of that Kay Perry and Juicy J song. It’s not too bad, but it’s not too good. It’s just an average song, nothing special. Lil Wayne is on his stupid ass lines again. 

Good Day - Tyga, Lil Wayne, Meek Mill

First off, shout out to Ice Cube for entire inspiration to this song. 
This song isn’t bad though. I actually kinda like it. The beat is pretty good.
Tyga actually sounds decent on this song as well. Lil Wayne also lays down a solid verse and Meek Mill’s verse is also pretty good. Meek Mill sounds like he’s in a heated argument with the beat when he raps though. Always yelling.
The only thing I don’t like about this song is that Lil Wayne and Tyga say on the track that they didn’t have to kill anybody today. Like oh ok. I’m sure you guys are goons.


Verdict

This wasn’t really the best album I’ve ever heard, but it also wasn’t the worst. It had solid cameos from everyone except Lil Twist.
The only negative thing about this album to me was Lil Twist. He is straight up trash. Like how did he get signed? He sounds like a girl and doesn’t even have bars. I don’t want anyone to think that I don’t think that there are females that can rap, because at the Schoolboy Q concert I was at last week there was a female rapper and she surprised everyone with her talent. All I’m saying is that Lil Twist is the worst rapper ever and that he flexes like he’s hot shit when he isn’t.

I would give this a 6/10 due to Lil Twist.

No comments:

Post a Comment