Saturday, May 31, 2014

James' Top 10 Of May

Yoo, what’s up? I want to apologize that I haven’t posted lately. There’s so much stuff going on right now and I find it hard to write anything down. I don’t want to make any excuses, I just honestly haven’t been in the mood to write anything. I started a review of Mac Miller’s most recent mixtape and started a review of the homie Doughnuts Mixtape, which dropped yesterday, so I’ll try to get them out sometime. Here’s the top ten list for may, the june one will probably come out in a week. 



James’ Top Ten Of May

1. Be Right - Asher Roth feat Major Myjah


This song just completely refocuses me and makes me think of whats important to me. Smooth beat and great lines. This is a deep song and it fills you with hope. Positive vibes. Everything will somehow be ok.
In the video above he plays a different song from his album first and then comes to Be Right, it's sick, watch it.

2. Everyday - UGLY feat KYLE & Mr. Man


This song is hella catchy and sounds dope. KYLE’s end verse is very good and amusing. 

3. I Mean It - G-Eazy feat Remo


Yoooo, since when does G-Eazy have songs like this? Damn, I like this sound. Hard beat and hard bars. His album is dropping soon so I will def review that.

4. Insomniak - Mac Miller feat Rick Ross


All these rappers are going hard lately. It’s like I said, white rappers are steady snatching souls this summer. First Mac’s mixtape, which this song is off of, and G-Eazy and Hoodie Allen both have albums coming out. 
The first part of this song is obviously inspired by ‘Worst Behavior’ by Drake but damn. Then Rick Ross comes in on the song and doesn’t sound like complete garbage so that’s a plus.

5. Show Me What You’re Made Of - Hoodie Allen


Hoodie Allen gave us the first single off of his project of the summer and damn. I always talk about how filthy the beats are nowadays and this is a good example of a great one. Hoodie Allen is really showing growth and he goes in on this song.

6. The Illest - Far East Movement feat Schoolboy Q


This remix is 100x better than the original with Riff Raff, because Schoolboy is such a better rapper. 

7. Trophies - Drake


I talked about this song in my review of Young Money’s most recent label album. I’m still impressed by how hard he goes in this song.

8. Who Do You Love? - YG feat Drake


YG’s album sucked, I think everyone expected that, but this song is pretty much the only good thing to come from that album.  I might do a review of that album sometime, I don’t know. 
Drake completely destroys this song, like he destroys the previous song. It doesn’t even sound like the typical whiny Drake. 

9 . Ballin’ Out - Waka Flocka Flames


Sometimes you just need to listen to ignorant hype music and that is exactly what this is.

10. Get It Right - Left Boy


My review of Left Boy’s album made a rise to the number 5 most viewed post on my blog, so that’s dope. I haven’t listened to Left Boy in awhile and I forgot how many positive vibes his music gives me. 



Sorry if this post isn’t up to the usual par, I’m beyond exhausted and wanted to get this done before June 1st and have 15 min left to post it.


No comments:

Post a Comment