Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Welcome 2 MiddlezVille - Doughnuts review

Yoo, what’s good? I kinda have my motivation back so I should be posting more now. My homie Doughnuts dropped his mixtape a few weeks ago and I meant to get it done sooner, but was just really unmotivated to do anything except lay in bed, watch the sopranos and go to class, but not anymore! So without any further wait, here is the review!




Welcome To MiddlezVille - Doughnuts

I don’t really need to introduce this man anymore, since he’s been featured countless times and I even did a 10 questions with him. You can check that out here if you want. 

Welcome 2 MiddlezVille

I’m really impressed with this intro and I’m surprised how much I like it. It just sounds hella trill. I like the fact that it’s chopped and screwed. It’s a really good intro to the mixtape. This intro shows that there is gonna be a lot of talk about #Middlez in this mixtape and there is nothing wrong with that at all.

Jus Do It feat A.I.I.

I find this song really catchy. The beat is catchy and so are some of the lyrics. Both of their flows are really good. The first verse flows together in a way that I really like. I really enjoy the way this song sounds. They both deliver solid verses. I really like the line:

“ Smoking till my eyes look Yao Ming,
  Imma do it, do it, do it till I’m crowned king.”

I think that the delivery of those lines are dope. 
This is just a song about getting things done and going with the flow. 


You Like

I like this song because it’s not an overly hype song, but he still goes in on it. It has a really good beat and it just sounds good. It’s also pretty catchy. I really like the way he flows on his songs, it’s dope. He’s talking about how he does what he likes and that we all like it. I like how the fact that he lives in Germany currently is frequently referenced throughout the mixtape.

Faded feat LawLavell


This song is about getting faded as you could probably tell without me pointing that out. I like this song a lot, because the beat is really hype and he really goes in on it. This is basically just a party/hype song and I enjoy it as such.

Pretty Face feat Big Doom

This is a love song, but not really a love song. It’s like the anti-love song if you want to call it that. At first he says:

“Shawty you a stand-in,
Because you stand out.”

Saying that she stands out and therefore he likes her, but then in the hook he says:

“You just another pretty face.”

I mean it doesn’t really affect the way I see the song, because it is still a pretty good solid. Of course I might have just misunderstood the song, but this is just the way that I understood it.
Big Doom’s verse is pretty good as well, pretty interesting. These two fit well together rap wise.

FED Story Freestyle

Yooo, this beat is trill. I really dig this beat a lot. That old school Vado. I think that he does the original justice with this. His flow is great on this and it’s a really good freestyle.
This is most def one of my favorites off of this mixtape.

Party Life

For some reason, the beat that plays before the drop reminds me of that Katy Perry/Juicy J song. I’m not mad about that, that song is trill. Once the beat drops it gets really good. 
His verses go hard and sound great. This is one of those songs that make me want to go and party somewhere. I really like this song as well. 
I can just imagine like a group of people chanting “Middlez” during the hook. I really like the line:

“I’m bout that party life,
The life of the party. “

Just reminds me of some of the parties I’ve been to/hosted.

All I Know (Middlez)

This song sounds so dank.It’s calm but he verses are very strong and sound good. 
This is song dedicated to Middlez, which is the central theme of this mixtape.
I have to say, so far, this mixtape is really good.

Bisnisss feat Ty Money

This song isn’t bad, it just doesn’t appeal to me that much. From a beat/flow standpoint there’s not anything really wrong with it. Ty Money doesn’t sound bad either.

Exhibit D Middlezstyle

This is another great beat in my opinion. He sounds different in this song, like he switched up his style a little bit and it works in his favor. It’s refreshing. His flow reminds me of a famous rapper, I just can’t think of the name right now. 

Fang Drops

I don’t really like that 20 sec DJ intro, but it is what it is. The beat is trill though and his flow is again really good. This song really sparked my interest even more than the last one. Which is good, because this is a 20 song mixtape and if it didn’t have refreshing songs like this and the previous one then it would get stale.

Bout That Life feat TwoNamez

I think that the star of this song is Doughnuts, I like his verse a lot more than TwoNamez, even though TwoNamez’ verse isn’t too bad either. I don’t really like the hook though.

Blunt Burn

Yoo, where did this come from? Damn, this song sounds 100% different than the other songs. It’s got that reggae feel and I can definitely dig it even though it’s all about smoking that dope, but ehh to each his own. 

ANTI-SOBER feat Franchise

This song really reminds me of ‘Hate Being Sober’ by Chief Keef. Again that’s not a bad thing, I just find it interesting. This is another party song that makes you want to go party. I also like the way Franchise’s voice sounds and his rap style. 

Sikk

Doughnuts actually sounds like DMX in this song and it’s funny because he references him in this. I wish this song was longer, I really like it.

Move As A Unit feat Rico Black & Bo$tatu$ Duke



This was one of the first songs I heard by Doughnuts on it and I must say that I really enjoy it. Everyone has good verses and the beat is simple, yet powerful and energizing. This the type of beat that a large group of people marches to.

One For The Haters feat MonaLisha & Bo$tatu$ Duke

I don’t really like this song either, but I really like MonaLisha’s verse because of this one insane line:

“ I ain’t beefin’ with Jigga,
  But I spit that Ether.”

Ether is a diss track against Jay-Z (Jigga) by Nas and is regarded as one of the best songs to come from that whole beef. Mad respect to her for that line. I am very impressed.

Better

This is an upbeat song. I’m pretty sure it’s using like a disco beat or something. It’s a typical song about how he can do every better than you. It’s still dope though and it stands out due to the beat. 

All A Game feat Rico Escobar

At first I didn’t really like this song, but then I heard Doughnuts verse and I really enjoyed it. The way he sounds on this song is dope. The Europe lines are also pretty trill if I may say so myself.

DJ Pharris (YungGodz) feat Spade Gucci

I don’t really like the intro of this too much, but when the beat drops and they go in it sounds really good. The only thing I don’t like about this song is that it’s like censured at some parts and I don’t like the hook. This is a pretty good ending for the mixtape in my opinion.


Verdict

This is a pretty good mixtape. The only real negative thing about this is that it gets a bit stale at times due to the length, but it’s not too bad. It’s especially helped out by the frequent switch ups in beat selection and his flow. I also found this mixtape really refreshing and I’ve honestly listened to it more than I have listened to anything in the past few weeks and also find it way better than the new 50 Cent album. So that’s really saying something. 

I’d give it a 9/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment