Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Top 10 Of June

Hey, I hope everyone is straight mafia today. Germany and America both won their first world cup matches yesterday, so that’s dope. I got a top 10 list for you guys today and possibly a review later, let’s see what happens.



Top 10 Of June

1. Nolan Ryan - Hoodie Allen


I’m fully convinced that white rap is gonna own this summer and this is Hoodie Allen song pretty much proves me right. Hoodie Allen just straight up coming with a great beat and insane flow. The only bad thing about this is that he used the wrong baseball player as the artwork but that honestly isn’t that big of a deal. This song started a beef between Hoodie and a different white rapper called Mike Stud, because Mike Stud took one line offensive.

2. Little League - Hoodie Allen


I know I don’t usually have two songs by the same artist on the top 10 list, but Hoodie Allen completely snatched Mike Stud’s soul.I think that this is the best recent diss song to be put out to be honest. I mean sure Jay-Z dissed Drake with one line, but Hoodie made a whole song just to wreck Stud. 
The structure of this song is really good. It’s broken up into 3 verses with 2 spoken ‘Interludes’ if you want. In the first verse Hoodie mocks Mike Stud by using a Drake song and rapping like Mike Stud does. Then after the interlude Hoodie just straight up destroys Mike Stud. It’s well worth the listen.

3. Bricks - Carnage feat Migos


This song just dropped and it is insane. This is Carnage’s first single and I have to say I’m hella impressed. Migos sounds good in this and everything. This might be my hype song of the summer. 

4. Step Right Up - Radical Something


I’m not gonna act like I know anything about these guys, because I really don’t. I just know that I really like this song. The beat is really nice and the way they sound is dope.

5. Time To Pretend - MGMT


I’ve been listening to some MGMT again lately and I really like this song. 

6. I Mean It - G-Eazy feat Romo


G-Eazy’s album is coming out on the 23rd and I’m hella stoked for it. This isn’t the old G-Eazy anymore though, this is a new and improved G-Eazy, who is making waves. I’m really impressed by this.

7. Believe Me - Lil Wayne feat Drake


This is the first single off of tha Carter V and I am beyond impressed with this. My wish for this album was that it isn’t straight up trash, but after hearing this song I think that Wayne is doing his best and that his album is gonna be decent.

8. Last Of The Flohicans - Asher Roth


I’m obsessed with this song right now. I don’t want to talk that much about it, because I’m reviewing Asher’s album right now, but I really like the beat and the lyrics of this song. His flow is also trill on this.

9. Hesher - Wallpaper.


I think this song is really interesting. The drop is good, the raps aren’t bad and all around the beat is good. He reminds me of Riff Raff when he raps because he doesn’t really sound like he should be rapping. It’s still good regardless.

10. Shimmy Shimmy Ya - Ol’ Dirty Bastard


I had to go way back for this one, all the way back to the Wu and ODB. This is one of those classic rap songs that everyone should know. 

No comments:

Post a Comment