Thursday, July 10, 2014

Jes' Top Ten Of July

This is the second guest post today and like I said I will try to get a post from me on here today. 


Jes’ Top Ten Of July

1. Riff Raff – Wetter Than Tsunami


Riff Raff is literally the only white rapper that I willingly listen to.  And I seriously think Neon Icon is a great album. But it’s also one of the only new albums I’ve listened to in months. 

2. Rich Homie Quan – I Fuck Wit You Girl


As you can probably tell, this is the most romantic song I’ve ever heard in my life. Rich Homie Quan is such a poet. I listened to this album nonstop when it first came out (which I think was like at Christmastime) and then I forgot about it… But I started listening to it again last week I think. James made fun of me for it. Ruuude. 

3. I Ain’t Made at Cha – 2Pac


It was Tupac’s birthday not too long ago, so it’s only fitting he’s on my top ten (though he would be on here regardless). This is definitely one of his best/most memorable songs; I don’t think I know a single person who hasn’t heard this song before. Not to mention the fact that I’m from LA so I basically worship Tupac! He’s also still alive in case anyone was wondering. 

4. Everyday - UGLY feat KYLE & Mr. Man


James said this song better be on my top ten. SO HERE IT IS! I like this song though, really. 

5. Once Upon a Time in the Projects – Ice Cube


 It was also Ice Cube’s birthday a couple weeks ago! Ice Cube was truly my first love and is still basically my only celebrity crush. This song is one of my favorites and it’s pretty overlooked I think. 

6. Bed Peace – Jhene Aiko feat Childish Gambino


This is the only Jhene Aiko song I really like. Mostly she’s too dramatic but I love this song.

7. Get Em High - Kanye West feat Talib Kweli & Common


I’ve been listening to this song on repeat for the entire month and I really don’t even know why. I think it’s only because of the part where the girl goes “You mean Talib? Lyrics sticks to your rib? I mean that's my favorite CD that I play at my crib. I mean you don't really know him, why is you lyin.'” Just that one part has been stuck in my head for sooo long. It’s so weird.

8. Stick Me for My Riches – Wu- Tang Clan


I know no one liked 8 diagram or whatever. But I really, really like this song! And everyone else should too! 

9. Conversation with a Devil – Andre Nickatina


There isn’t a single person in the entire world that wasn’t obsessed with this song immediately after they first heard it. It’s one of my favorite songs of all time. And I mean, why wouldn’t it be. 

10. Childs Play – Sza feat Chance the Rapper


Sza is another great artist to come out of Top Dawg Entertainment. She’s major and I love this song.

No comments:

Post a Comment