Friday, September 2, 2016

The Valley - Bryce Trent Review

Yoo, what's up? I know that I just released a review but a close friend of mine hit me up on twitter telling me that I need to review this album. She has been supporting the blog for a long time so I thought to myself why not, I'll review it.

The Valley - Bryce Trent




I really like this album cover, it's a dope photo and the blur effect fits perfectly.
Ok, so I actually know nothing about this guy at all, but I listened to the album and it's good enough for me to review so I'm ok with that. Let's go.

Do Or Die

This song has a very interesting beat. It's a beat that you can vibe to.
I really like his flow on this song, it makes the song very interesting. His lyricism and wordplay is very good.
He has some very good lines on this song, that are dope:

    " I'm not the one you want,
      But I got spooky steez"

    " I see you have an appetite for shoes and looking fly,
       Well I'm a shadow like the one around your eyes."

    " I'm not the one you want,
      But I got pizza, girl."

I like this song, I think that the hook is very catchy and his verses are on point.


Batten Down

This song is hella lit. It starts out with kind of spacey sounding intro and then he snaps on it. I really like songs like this, they are short and to the point, there isn't really that much unnecessary time in it.
This might actually be my favorite song off of this whole album.

Seattle Rain

This song has a long ass intro, I'm talking like almost half the song is the intro. Not saying that it's a bad thing, but gah damn, that's a long ass intro.
This song does have a very interesting and energetic beat though.
The verse on this is also delivered very energetically which I think is a very good thing. He goes in on this song.
So far I've been noticing some religious undertones on this album, which I'm not really used to but it is what it is. I'm not about act like that makes some sort of big difference to the quality of the songs.


Wandering feat Richard Green

I really like the way that this song starts off, it sounds very personal. This whole song seems very personal and I like that. It shows that he isn't scared to talk about real stuff and isn't one of those "I rap about all this stuff that I don't really have" rappers. This song has themes of loneliness and feeling lost or wandering through life.
The feature on this is also very good. Richard Green adds a lot to this song I think, even though Bryce Trent already sets the song up very well.  His tone of voice is veery good.
This is a very interesting song.

Sorrowful (Rabbit Hole)

This is one of those beats that you just vibe to. It pulls you in very well.
Bryce does a great job with this song. His verses are very strong and the hook is also very good.
I really like the imagery in this song with the rabbit hole and his pond.
I know I often times say that every album has a couple of songs where you just vibe to and this is one of those times. I've listened to this song many times but somehow I just keep vibing out to it. That's not necessarily a bad thing. 
This is a very good song and I feel like my review of it isn't really doing it justice, but it is what it is. Sometimes you just gotta move on to the next one.


The Valley

This song starts out with what is I'm pretty sure a passage from the bible, I'm not quite sure though but I'm not gonna look it up. At first I thought this was gonna be some interlude type thing, but then he starts rapping on it and oh boy does he go in.
This song has a very interesting vibe to it, I'm not going to lie. The intro and the beat and the verse all make this very interesting. 

Good As Gold feat Czar D

I think that this is a very good song. I really like the beat and the whole vibe of the song. 
Bryce Trent goes in on this song and so does Czar D. What I like this song is that it is one of those songs where the lyrics just stick with you. The hook is also extremely catchy. 
The feature also fits very well with this song and that's good. It's always good when a feature adds to the song and doesn't take away from it. 

Bless The Seed feat XI

The beat in this song is actually crazy. So there's the beat, then there's some violin in there and then there is what sounds like a harp or acoustic guitar in it? It makes for a very interesting beat and really makes the song. 
I like the verses on this song and I think that it is one of the stronger songs off of this album.

908 ( The Key)

This is like a jazz sounding beat which I really enjoy. It's a dope beat and another song to vibe to. 
This song like most songs on this album has a religious undertone.
This is a quick little song, that isn't really all that short, but it seems pretty short due to the quick energetic beat.
I really like his flow in this song. He really does a good job riding the beat.

My Friends feat Czar D

This beat starts out slow but then once he starts snapping on it, it kind of speeds up. When I say that he snaps on it, I mean he comes out the gate swinging. He wastes no time going in and the beat, which is barely there at first needs to race to catch up to him. 
He goes really hard in this song. He raps at full speed the whole time. Then for Czar D, who had the strongest feature on the album, comes in to slow it down a bit and give the album a nice ending.

Verdict


I've never really reviewed an album with so many religious undertones, so this was a first. This also isn't really my best review, but sometimes you just need to finish something and not leave it unfinished. Regardless I feel like I really did not do this album justice and that you guys should give it a listen for yourself. It's very enjoyable and it's something different.
I really enjoyed this album and would give it a 4/5.


No comments:

Post a Comment