Wednesday, October 5, 2016

You Are Forgiven - MadeInTyo Review

Yooo, what's up? Hope everyone is doing well, I have some big reviews coming out soon, but here's a smaller one to one of my favorite projects of the year.

You Are Forgiven - MadeInTyo


I feel like I don't really need to explain who this guy is. His song 'Uber Everywhere' was every where this summer and had tons of remixes. Whenever I think of Summer '16 or pretty much all of 2016 that song pops into my mind. Let's get right into this review.

Savage

This is a nice and energetic song, that has a very interesting beat. I really like the beat. It's one of those good vibe beats.
This song is all about the lifestyle that he lives.
Even though there are similarities between the two verses, I still think that this is a very interesting song. It's also one of those songs that you vibe to. I think this is a very strong start to this project. He has an interesting style. This song just kind of stays in your head.

Nawfside Shawty

This is another one of those songs that just stays in your head. 
This song has a dope beat and he raps over it very nicely.
I really like that he uses the word 'boolin' in this song, since for a time my friends and me would always use that word instead of 'coolin'. 

I Want feat 2 Chainz




This is one of the best songs off of the entire project. The song by itself was already very good but the addition of 2 Chainz is actually outrageous. He fits the song so well and just adds so much to it.
This is another very catchy song and might be the strongest song off of the entire project due to the 2 chains feature.
The music video to this song is great and very entertaining as well, I can only recommend.

Uber Everywhere feat Travis Scott

The original version of this song is what brought MadeInTyo to my attention. Then Travis Scott remixed it and things got crazy. It was already a great song and then Travis Scott made it even better. 
I think the reason that this song blew up, besides a very strong, catchy beat and solid verses with a good, catchy hook, is because of how relevant it is in our lives nowadays. I think that most people my age have taken an uber at least once, I know I have. 

Kelly Rowland

I honestly have never heard this song before I started this review and I have to say I'm hella impressed. The beat starts off and sounds kind of like one of those old school 8bit video games, which is lit if it is. Then he starts snapping and then the beat goes in. I really like this song a lot, even if a lot of it is repeated throughout the entire song. It's still very catchy and good though. 

Bool'n

This is my personal favorite song off of the project. It has a great beat and I like his verses and hook in it a lot. I also frequently say 'boolin' and 'brazy' so gah bless. 
I think that this is a very interesting song, because there are so many elements in play. The beat has many levels.

I Want

This is the same song like the one earlier, just without 2 chainz. I don't really know why this is included on the project, but I'm not mad at it.

Verdict

I really enjoyed this project. It's short which is kind of nice, because there isn't much filler, besides maybe the final song, but you can't really tell so I don't see it as that. The songs are all very catchy and interesting. This isn't rap that listen to for the lyrical prowess or crazy lines or anything. This is rap you listen to just to vibe out and have a good time. This is a feel good project and should be seen as such. It's lighthearted.
If you take this project too serious then you would get mad about how the songs repeat themselves a whole lot and what not, but it's not supposed to be seen like that so it's ok. It did make these project kind of hard to review though, since there wasn't much to write.
I would give this project a 4/5.

1 comment:

  1. Wow you're so cool yames, thanks for reviewing this. DEF will go listen now. Gah bless

    ReplyDelete