Friday, February 14, 2014

Top 10 Valentine's Day Special

Yo, what’s good? Hope everyone is having a good Valentine’s Day and all that jazz. I’m trying to have two top 10 lists every month and the theme for this one is love songs. But since I’m me and don’t really listen to that many love songs here are my favorite ones. This list can also be helpful if you need to send your girl or side chick a song to show them how much you care because you didn’t get her anything for the day or couldn’t. So yea, here it is.


Top 10 Songs About Love

1. Videogames - Lana Del Ray


This song will always get to me. I couldn’t even listen to it, because it would pretty much have ruined my day and made me listen to Drake for the rest of the day. So much emotion in this song, especially if you listen to one of the live performances. Homegirl has talent.

2. You’re Beautiful - James Blunt 



This will forever be one of my favorite songs pertaining to love or the beauty of a girl. I really wonder where James Blunt is at nowadays, haven’t heard about anything relating to him in ages.

3. The Gambler - Fun.


I know this is about his parents, but still. Just listen to it.
"I swear when I grow up, I won't just buy you a rose.
I will buy the flower shop, and you will never be lonely.
Even if the sun stops waking up over the fields
I will not leave, I will not leave 'till it's our time.
So just take my hand, you know that I will never leave your side."

4. I Will Follow You Into The Dark - Death Cab For a Cutie


This is a song about how their love will go on no matter what.
This list is making me thoughtful right now, so sorry if the rest of this post isn’t up to par as usual, it’s been a rough week. 

5. A Lack Of Color - Death Cab For a Cutie


“ Please don’t worry lover,
  It’s really bursting at the seams.
  Absorbing everything,
  The spectrums A to Z. “
This song is more a song about trying to get her back, but it also is a love song. It counts.

6. You Are The Only Exception - Paramore


Fun fact, this song was actually on the “B.O.B. Guest DJ” station on iTunes Radio. Great song, I forgot how attractive Hayley Williams is. Oh yea, I feel better now, I took a short break, ate some food and bumped that new Left Boy album. Instant mood changer.
Anyways, I don’t really need to say anything about this song. 

7. You Song - Lil Wayne feat Chance the Rapper


First rap song on the list, crazy right? Anyways, this song would be way higher on the list if Lil Wayne wouldn’t ruin it within his second line. Seriously, we go from Chance’s verse with crazy good lines such as:

“ You feel like Koolaid in a wine glass”

That’s a crazy metaphor for someone. He’s saying she looks super fancy and formal but then on the inside she’s fun and down to earth. Then we go to the hook by Chance

“ This is not a love song,
  This is a you song.
  I just happen to love ya. “

And then we go to straight trash Lil Wayne lines such as:

“ Give you the world if it was for me.
My diamond grill make it hard to see I’m lying through my teeth.” 

Do yourself a favor and just listening to the song after the hook. 

8. Focus On You - KYLE 


This is a great song. He talks about how he wants to focus in on every flaw she has, because they are what makes her perfect.

“ Baby, you truly are just everything you are,
  and that’s perfect. “


9. So Fly - Childish Gambino


This is that hella old Gambino. It’s a great song though. He thinks the girl is super fly.
10. 3005 - Childish Gambino 


It was hard for me to choose a final song for this. I decided to use this one because I like it a lot. Everyone knows this song, I don’t really need to say anything about it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment