Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Words Of Wisdom III

Ayy, what’s gucci? Sorry I didn’t post yesterday, stuff came up. 
That review of the new Left Boy album should be up later today, but we’ll see. 
I had this post in my pocket so I decided to post it now. 


Words Of Wisdom III

Damn, this is already the 3rd one of these posts?
Anyway, you already know what it is, lyrics that made an impression on me and my life.


We Ain’t Them - Childish Gambino

“Speak from your heart and never compromise what you feel is real
and never let these white people tell you how to feel.
Never let anybody tell you how to feel.”

The middle line isn’t really that important to me, because I’m white and don’t get discriminated against, but the first and last line are on point. Basically saying keep true to yourself and don’t let yourself be influenced by others. 

“ …’Do your thing, boy, don’t stop. ‘ ”

Basically just saying that you should do your thing. Do you boo boo.

Everything I Am - Kanye West

“ Now everything I’m not made me everything I am.”

Every fault and flaw and mistake I’ve made has made me into what I am. I’m the best version of me that I can be.

Never - Chiddy Bang

“ Never chase girls, chase dreams first.”

Never let the opposite sex (or same sex if you’re into that) come before your dreams or aspirations. You do you and they should do them. 

Best Day Ever - Mac Miller

“No matter where life takes me, find me with a smile
pursuit to be happy only laughing like a child
I never realized life would be this sweet
it got me cheesin’ from cheek to cheek.”

Self explanatory. Keep your head up no matter what. Positive vibes all the way. 
Always look for the positive in things, there always is something positive. 

Bastermating - Asher Roth feat A$AP Twelvy, Chip tha Ripper, YP

“I think it’s time I play the lotto,
I’m feeling lucky sucker, oh well fuck it is my motto.”

I’m feeling lucky, but if it doesn’t work out then fuck it. There’s always next time.

Pot Of Gold - Asher Roth

“Can’t nobody hold me except moi”

More often than not you are the holding yourself back and more than often you are the only one who has your own back. 






No comments:

Post a Comment