Thursday, August 28, 2014

Brad's Top Ten Of August

Yoo, what’s going on guys? I got a new computer recently so the posts will probably start looking differently since it’s a windows and my laptop is a mac. 
I'm also really sorry about the titles not being centered. I might just type my reviews on my computer and then post them from my mac though. I'll figure it out.



Brad’s Top 10 Of August

1.      Thugz Mansion (acoustic) – Tupac feat Nas & J. Pheonix



“Where do niggaz go when we die? Ain’t no Heaven for a thug nigga. That’s why we go to Thug Mansion. That’s the only place where thugs get in free and you gotta be a G.”

 This one for all the peoples that hustlin’ and stay on they grind. Y’all keep doin’ ya thing. I can’t wait to get out the hood and be in a better place. The ghetto will always be my home and I won’t ever forget where I came from. But I’m hustlin’ for me and my family, trynna get them to a better place. The hustle ain’t easy. I’m getting’ tired of all early mornings and the sleepless nights. I keep doin’ it tho cause I know it’ll all pay off.  I’ll see y’all in the Thug Mansion.

“Dear momma don’t cry, your baby boy’s doin’ good. Tell the homies I’m in Heaven and they ain’t got hoods.”

Alright now imma tone down the ignorance cause I’m too lightskin for all that.

2.      Party On Fifth Ave. – Mac Miller



I didn’t really like Mac Miller when I first heard his music but after listening to him freestyle and watching some of his cyphers, I really started to like him more. This song is kinda old but I still listen to it all the time. It’s kinda a hype song but I wouldn’t wanna hear it at some party.

3.      The Show – Doug E. Fresh feat Slick Rick



This song came out in 1985 and it still gets played on the radio. If y’all don’t know about Doug E. Fresh y’all need to learn. Also known as the Human Beat Box, Doug E. Fresh basically started beatboxing. This song also borrows the melody of the Inspector Gadget theme song (from the TV show that ran from 1983-1986) and I think that’s awesome. But forreal, when this song comes on when I’m driving or something, I’m instantly hype.

4.      80 Bars Part 2 – Sam Lachow



Bruh…. I had never heard of Sam Lachow until James told me he was in the middle of reviewing some of his stuff… This boy is nice. I heard this song and then spent the next like 3 hours just listening to everything I could find by him. This guy is gifted like forreal.

“Andre Nickatina taught me how to smoke and teenage mutant ninja turtles taught me how to fight.”

5.      Bout That Life – Dizzy Wright feat. Hopsin



I’m a huge fan of Funk Volume and James REALLY isn’t. We very rarely have a certain artist that one of us likes and the other doesn’t but he doesn’t really like Dizzy Wright and he HATES Hopsin. If y’all go back to his review of Hopsin’s “Knock Madness” album, you’ll see how much he hates Hopsin and why. But I really like both of them and this song is dope.

6.      Real Mind of Mysonne (Ill Mind Oh Hopsin Remix) – Mysonne The General



If you haven’t heard the original song (Ill Mind Of Hopsin 5) here’s the link . This song is explaining Mysonne’s definition of a “real nigga,” VS Hopsin’s definition.

7.      Ill Mind of Hopsin 7 – Hopsin



Hopsin released this song on his birthday (July 18th) and it quickly gained a lot of attention from the media and shocked/confused many of his fans, including me. Back in 2012 Hopsin told the world that he had finally found God and was ready to “walk on the path of righteousness.” The media claimed that they didn’t see a change in his behavior or anything even after he said that he found God, but the real change was in his music. I really do like this song but I don’t necessarily agree with it. Hopsin is basically saying that he has lost faith in God and no longer believes because he doesn’t see a point anymore.

“My gut feeling says it’s all fake
I hate to say it but fuck it, shit I done lost faith.
This isn’t a small phase, my perspective’s all changed
My thoughts just keep picking shit apart all day”

8.      Trophies – Drake



I’m not really a big fan of Drake but I really like this song for some reason and I’ve been listening to it a lot lately. It’s a pretty chill song and I like the beat.

9.      Backseat Freestyle – Kendrick Lamar



This is my favorite freestyle that Kendrick has ever done. The boy is nice and his music always gets me hype.

10. Survival of the Fittest – Mobb Deep



Throwback to “The Infamous” album by Mobb Deep.  Survival of The Fit, Only The Strong Survive. “That Old Real Shit.”

No comments:

Post a Comment