Friday, February 19, 2016

Back On Top Soon - Left Boy Review

Yooo, what's up? I got a nice little review for you guys today. Yes, I will be reviewing that new Kanye album, I just wanted to do this review before that.

Back On Top Soon - Left Boy





I don't know why the cover art is so small, but it doesn't matter. What matters is that Left Boy is finally back. I've covered almost all of his releases on this blog already so I see no reason not to review this one. Left Boy has pretty much disappeared since he released his last album, so I was eagerly awaiting this release.

Young God

This song has a very strong beat. Not only did he actually record himself tapping his chest and humming and use that as a background sample for this song, but he also references this in the first line of the song, when he says:

" I'm Matthew McConaughey, tapping my chest" 

If you saw The Wolf Of Wall Street, Matthew McConaughey does that very thing.

This song pretty much just about how he's gonna be back on top soon and how he's good at rapping. It isn't bad though, if you are a fan of Left Boy you will greatly enjoy this song.

Big Leagues Feat Mirakle





So for about a month in December of 2014, Mirakle released this series called Weekly Wonders and the last one hinted at a feature with Left Boy. A year later and still no one had heard from them again, so it was kinda meh. They finally released the song a couple of weeks ago and it did not disappoint.
This song has such an energy to it, it's crazy. After Left Boy's verse the sample comes in and it does a pretty good job to break up the song for a bit and then Mirakle goes in with his verse.


Sweet Emotions



This was the song that announced the return of Left Boy. In my personal opinion this is the strongest song off of this project. 
First of all this song samples the Kooks, which is lit. Second of all, I find the subject matter of this song is great. It's all about how he messed up his relationship with the love of his life and mother of his child and how he makes all these promises about being a better man and what not. She says that he has to wait because he's hurt her so much before and she doesn't want to be hurt again. It's about being patient and working towards her.

Dangerous

This song has a real club feel to it. It's most def a party song. In this song he also talks about how he is coming back and going to be making these hits once again. I personally don't like this song that much, it's just kinda meh.

Verdict

I'm happy with the fact that Left Boy is finally back, but I am honestly a little disappointed with the length and content of this project. I really like Sweet Emotions and Big Leagues, but the other two are just average Left Boy songs. I'm excited to see what comes next from Left Boy, but I can only give this a 7/10. Sweet Emotions and Big Leagues can't carry the whole project, especially since those were the two songs that were already released.

No comments:

Post a Comment