Wednesday, January 4, 2017

Black Christmas - Kao The Great Review

Hey, hope everyone had a good New Year's celebration and whatnot. I'm here with a hella late review of Kao The Great's Christmas present to us all.

Black Christmas - Kao The Great





So this is a nice little Christmas present from Kao.

Turtleneck

I really like how this song sounds. It has a smooth, mellow beat with just enough bass to pull you in. What really makes this song is the way that Kao tells a story with it and the way that he delivers it. His flow is on point in this song, but what really stands out to me is how he changes up his tone on this song. It adds depth to this song and I appreciate that.
I don't know why Kao is hating on turtlenecks though. Turtlenecks are dope, especially black ones, shoutout to Archer. 


Amen feat Leavona Genuso

I think that we all need to take a moment to appreciate the the beat on this song. I don't know if it's piano or a keyboard, but I really like the beat. I want to give whoever produced this song a big shoutout. They made a phenomenal beat and I fully believe that this is the reason that this song is so good. Don't get me wrong, the feature is very strong as well and adds a whole lot to the song, but this beat is just wonderful.
I think that his verse on this song is very strong and usually I don't really care much for songs with religious undertones like this, but I'm not mad at this song. Some people might think that this song could be better with another verse by Kao, although I think that the beat and the feature shine through and make the song great. Another verse would just take away from it I think.


Pressure feat Vick Gotti & IAM McCoy


I was honestly not ready for this song. I remember IAM McCoy from Kao's last project and I liked him and even said that I was going to check him out. To be honest, I forgot to check him out, but he does a really good job on this song, as does Vick Gotti. 
The beat on this song is menacing and dark. It really sparked my interest due to this fact. It pulls you in, especially with the intro dialogue. It's from a movie called "King Of New York". It's a very interesting piece of dialogue. It's Kao's way of letting people know that he is up next.
His flow on this song really impressed me, he does a really good job of riding the beat and I think that every song on this project has sounded different and that is a very good thing. 
This is probably my favorite song off of the whole project. Everything just fits so well. 


Demons

Here's another interesting beat with the keys. You just have to appreciate that. In my opinion the beat is very interesting and I really liked the way that it kind of breaks down at the end.
Kao switches up his flow and style again. It shows that he is able to branch out and switch it up. He doesn't just need to stick to one style. 
This is a very short song, but it's an interesting one, so I'm not really mad at it.

Verdict

I really enjoyed this project and I think that it's a cool little christmas present and it was a good way to end 2016. I thought that the features on it were really strong and added a whole lot to the project.
I also thought that the way that he switched up his style and flow on this project added a whole lot to it.The production on this project was incredible. The beats were all really strong and attention grabbing. 
The only thing weakness that this project has is the length. It's not a huge deal by any reach, I just feel like the project could have used 1-2 more songs. That's all personal opinion though, I might just be greedy when it comes to music. 
All in all I really enjoyed this project and would give it a 4.5/5.


No comments:

Post a Comment