Tuesday, December 19, 2017

War And Leisure - Miguel Review by Giovanni

I hope everyone is doing alright, I know the blog has been slacking a lot, but we are trying to bring it back for 2018. We got something big planned before then too. But for today. Giovanni comes back with a review of Miguel's new album "War And Leisure". I'm gonna let Gio take it from here. - James


War And Leisure - Miguel






Starting this review off i was never really a fan of Miguel he had songs i enjoyed but never really continued to care for his music this album changed that hopefully it was a good thing
Criminal feat Rick Ross
This song is pretty catchy and i wasn’t sure how i felt about a feature from rick Ross i don’t feel as if it fit but it didn’t take away from the song at all but it also didn’t make it
any better overall the song is good the chorus gets stuck in my head i think this song is a good way to start the album
Pineapple Skies
This song is pretty upbeat and positive i tend to skip this song whenever i listen to the album it’s just not for me but i will say it’s a decent song i just don’t like how it’s like over the top
Sky Walker feat Travis Scott
By far in my opinion the best song on the album and my personal favorite, th
is song is what made me want to listen to the whole album and feature with Travis Scott only made things better, love or hate Travis he is the wave and he is here to stay hard to escape his music he is everywhere. I guarantee this song will be stuck in your head i know damn well i can’t get it out
Banana Clip
The name itself is lit, i vibe to this song i really don’t understand why but it just is a strong track for me probably would place it in the top 3. It’s not as catchy as other tracks but it definitely can get stuck in your head. I normally skip the song closer to the end when Miguel starts making this screeching sound but it’s all good because of you continue past that part it’s gets better
Wolf feat QUIÑ
I like the initial start of the song and the quick switch of beat was a great way to draw you into the track. The track is a little too slow for my taste but it probably is someone’s favorite track
Haram
This is another track i can’t get behind because it is just too slow for me to get into but i feel like it shows how high Miguel can get his voice and he shows off some interesting vocal
skills
Told You So
This beat is pretty lit i felt like getting up at 3am when i was doing this review and just dancing and getting mad hype. I normally ain’t into tracks like this but this one stands out to me and i feel like it is gonna be a slept on track
City Of Angels
This is probably the second best song on the album the beat it something you can easily relax too and it’s a slower song but not to slow and the pitch really don’t change through the song it tends to just stay at one point but as the beat picks up more and more through out the song you can tell his pitch matches it so it don’t seem like the beat is going over his voice
Caramelo Duro feat Kali Uchis
It may have been a bad choice but i never bumped this song because i just instantly hated the beat and how it started i probably will never listen to this song
Come Through And Chill feat J.Cole & Salaam Remi
I hate j.cole so this track is automatically a dub to me i could care less if this song becomes the top song in the world ever and made the biggest impact it’s trash I don’t support J.Cole or Russ but this is Miguel’s album his choice and his part was fine on this song
Anointed
The beat is the only thing that really kept me coming back to this track because i hate slow tracks but i notice this album has me listening to slow tracks more than i normally would the track does get old because it is very repetitive
Now
I wish he would’ve ended the album with another song like criminal or sky walker but he put another slow jam in and i feel as if this is a song a father and daughter would dance to at a wedding it’s just got the vibe to it so ima save i
t for my future daughter just watch 

Verdict
Overall rating: 8/10 I really enjoyed this album for the most part i do skip a good chunk of it but that shouldn’t take away from the tracks because they’re not bad and Miguel is a very talented individual. I will be looking forward to his next project and maybe check out his previous projects -Giovanni Martinez

No comments:

Post a Comment